Downloadable forms are PDFs
Helpful Transportation Links
- New York Association for Pupil Transportation (NYAPT)
- National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Pupil Transportation Safety Institute (PTSI)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- National Coalition for School Bus Safety
- School Bus Information Council
- American School Bus Council
- School Transportation News
We are pleased to transport your child/children to and from school this year.
We are very proud of the safety record of our school buses and the professionalism of our transportation team.
Help us to ensure your child/children’s safety by following these simple but important procedures:
- Please provide your child with a backpack. Loose papers or other items can be dangerous as children exit the bus.
- Check your child’s clothing for long drawstrings or other dangling items, as these could get snagged in the bus door as your child exits the bus.
- Please be sure that your child/children arrive at the designated bus stop five (5) minutes early each day.
- Please insist that your child/children wait for the bus safely, back from the roadway. Behavior problems at the bus stop can create dangerous conditions for children.
- When the bus arrives your child should wait for the bus driver’s signal before boarding. Children should board the bus in single file.
- Please remind your child to sit quietly on the ride to and from school so the bus driver can keep attention focused on driving the route safely.
If anything makes your child feel unsafe at the bus stop or on the bus ride to and from school, please contact the GCS Transportation Department, rather then discussing it at the bus stop. We are always available to assist with any problems or concerns.
(518) 966-5070 x463