- Middle School Home
- Building Level Team
- Clubs & Activities
- Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct Summary
- Honor Roll
- Library/Media Center
- Physical Education
- Pupil Personnel Services
- Student Handbook
- Students of the Month
- Grade 6 Summer Reading List
- Grade 7/8 Summer Reading List
Greenville Middle School
Welcome to Greenville Middle School - Brian W. Reeve, Principal
Greenville Middle School serves approximately 300 students in grades 6-8. The staff at Greenville Middle School embraces the challenge of middle level education and our practices, which adhere to the Regents Policy Statement on Middle Level Education and the Essential Elements of a Standards Focused Middle Level Program, are reflective of our ever changing society in the 21st century. The Greenville Middle School staff understands the changes students are undergoing physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually and how important these changes are to developing the individuality of each student. In order to develop the individuality of each student Greenville Middle School is dedicated to:
- Providing a community of learning by establishing close, trusting relationships which create a positive environment for personal growth and intellectual development through grade level teams.
- Creating an environment that is safe, caring, and conducive to learning for all students.
- Developing partnerships with families and the community to maximize student success.
- Helping all students to become responsible, active citizens and lifelong learners, who are healthy, caring, creative, and intellectually reflective individuals.
- Facilitating the transition from childhood as youngsters leave the nurture and comfort of elementary school, and later shift the focus fostering independence and academic and civic responsibility as students prepare for the rigors of high school and beyond.
The skills, knowledge, and personal competence that students acquire in our middle school will enable them to be successful, now and in the future. At Greenville Middle School expectations are high and the supports are in place for every student to achieve his or her greatest potential.
News and Events
Opening Weeks at Greenville Middle School
Thank you to everyone who attended the Greenville Middle School Open House on Wednesday night. It was a pleasure seeing so many of you and I look forward to seeing you at future events. As I stated last night, the start of the school year has gone well for students and I believe all the students are off to a great start. The sixth grade students have transitioned well to the middle school and it has been nice getting to know them. It has also been great catching up with our returning seventh and eighth grade students.
As parents, you play a crucial role in your child’s school experience. It is important for us to continue building a partnership together in educating your child. Please do not hesitate to call or email middle school staff if there is anything we can do to help.
Enjoy the rest of your week!