The guidance staff provides students with educational and occupational information and assists students in interpreting and recognizing their abilities, interest and needs while in school. Each student develops a four-year high school plan with his/her counselor at the end of the eighth grade. This plan is revised yearly in accordance with the student's expectations and career goals.
Counselors are readily available to assist students with:
- Personal concerns
- Selection of academic courses
- Selection of college or vocational schools
- Employment opportunities
- Information on financial aid
- Choice of future occupations
- Selection of extracurricular programs
- Increasing academic or social achievement
The guidance staff is available to students from 7:30 AM-2:30 PM daily or by appointment. Please call Deborah Sanchez at Ext. 411 to arrange for an appointment or stop in and one can be scheduled.