- Article Archive
- Board of Education
- Budget Information
- Cafeteria Menu
- Code of Conduct
- Contact Us
- Continuing Education
- District Planning Committee
- Emergency Closing
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Food Services
- Greenville Educational Foundation
- Human Resources
- Professional Development
- Q & A
- Quality Education Committee
- School Health Services
- Upcoming Events
School Tax Information
Sharon Rarick, School Tax Collector
(518) 966-5070 Ext. 520
View Your Tax Information Online
Property owners may access their tax information and pay their tax bill through Info-Tax Online
(Please allow seven business days after date of payment for paid status to appear online.)
2016-2017 Tax Collection Period
School property tax bills are mailed out in late August. Tax bills may be paid, without penalty, during the period September 1 through September 30, 2016. All taxes paid or postmarked after September 30 shall bear an interest charge of two percent (2%) until October 31, 2016. No tax payments will be accepted or processed by the school tax collector postmarked after October 31, 2016. All taxes remaining unpaid after October 31 shall be returned to the County Treasurer for further collection.
Payment of Taxes
Online: Taxpayers may pay tax bills online at Info-Tax Online
- Simply enter your first three letters of the last name into the Info-Tax Online and click “Search”
- Once you have brought up your tax information, the “Pay Balance” tab appears near the bottom left of the screen. (Convenience fees will apply to all online payments.)
Note: the “Pay Balance” tab will not appear until September 1, 2016.
In Person: Payment of school taxes may also be made in person to the Greenville Central School District Tax Collector at the National Bank of Coxsackie, Greenville branch only, Rte. 81, Greenville, NY 12083 in the lobby only, during the following times with the exception of any holidays:
Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm Drive-thru after 2:30pm processed the next business day Please remember to bring your tax bill with you!
By mail: The school district will also accept payments by mail as long as the payment is in the exact amount due and made payable to Greenville CSD Tax Collector. Payment mailing address:
National Bank of Coxsackie
PO Box 271
Greenville, NY 12083
You must include the original tax bill with your payment. No partial payments shall be accepted.
STAR (School Tax Assessment Relief) Exemption
- Basic STAR exemption: Most residents who own and live in their home are eligible for the NYS Basic STAR property tax exemption on their primary residence. Basic STAR works by exempting the first $30,000 of the full value of a home from school taxes.
- Enhanced STAR exemption: Available for senior citizens (age 65 and older) with yearly household incomes not exceeding the statewide standard. For these qualifying persons, an additional percentage of the full value of their primary residence is exempted from school taxes.
- Learn more about the STAR program
- Important Changes to STAR Exemption program: New applicants who qualify for STAR must register with New York State instead of applying with their assessor. You will receive a STAR credit in the form of a check, rather than receiving a property tax exemption. The dollar value of the credit will be the same as the property tax exemption. You can register online at https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/star/register-for-star-credit.htmor by phone (518) 457-2036. These changes do not affect homeowners who registered for the STAR Exemption prior to the 2015 deadline.
To learn more, visit https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/star/star-2016-tp-faqs.htm
- STAR Rebate: In 2015, NYS created a new STAR Rebate for the years 2016 through 2019, which replaces the Property Tax Freeze Credit offered in 2014 and 2015. The new rebate applies to homeowners who are receiving the STAR exemption and who live in school districts that pass budgets at or below their tax levy cap. In 2016, the rebate will be a $185 credit for eligible homeowners earning $200,000 or less. For the years 2017 through 2019, the rebate will equal the STAR tax savings multiplied by a percentage determined by the taxpayer’s income, with eligible annual income capped at $275,000. The State will mail rebate checks to the residents in the fall.
Greenville Gordon Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org (518) 965-1898 Cairo Janice Hull email@example.com (518) 622-3120 Ext. 252 Durham Gordon Bennett Town of Durham (518) 239-8362 Coxsackie Gordon Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org (518) 731-6893 Rensselaerville Donna Kropp
email@example.com (518) 797-3798 or
Berne Brian Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org (518) 872-1448 Ext. 107 Coeymans Dawn DeRose email@example.com (518) 756-8927 New Scotland Deborah Corbari firstname.lastname@example.org (518) 439-9020 Westerlo Peter Hotaling email@example.com (518) 797-9265 New Baltimore Gordon Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org (518) 756-6671 Ext. 8 Conesville Mark Los (607) 652-2241 Additional Contacts Albany County